Listed below is a short list of some great resources for families who have a struggling reader or a dyslexic. At the very least, look these up, bookmark them on your favorite browser and join every outreach vehicle they have available (email, Facebook, etc.).
Have one that you think should be on here? Let us know.
General Informational Videos on Dyslexia
- There are many these days and we are so thankful that the conversation on dyslexia is being elevated!
- Here are a few that you can access right now and for free: “What is Dyslexia” (approximately 5 minutes) and “Ennis’ Gift” (approximately 50 minutes).
- Great all around resources. Be sure to check out the “Information” tab. We never tire of this site.
- This is a great source for finding information when trying to help a friend when their child is having difficulty reading or when trying to provide information to a teacher.
- A network just like ours but specific to their home district. They put on great programs and their meetings are open to anyone. Like us, they are in it for the good of the cause and to help others.
- You will find loads of helpful resources here including the “Who’s IDEA is This?” which is a parent’s guide to individuals with disabilities & education.
- Specializes in special education law and advocacy information.